- 1-11 September: Alexander Archipenko exhibit @ The Ukrianian Museum, 222 East 6th Street between Second and Third Avenues;
- 7 September: Proclamation of Ukrainian American Heritage Days by Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz, Brooklyn Borough Hall, 209 Joralemon Street between Court and Adams Streets. 6:00 p.m. (Ukrainian flag wil fly over Borough Hall until 11 September);
- 8 September: Seminar, "The Unhealed Wounds of Chornobyl" at the New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, 310 East 14th Street.;
- 9 September: Concert commemorating the 14th anniversary of Independent Ukraine, 7:00 p.m., location tba;
- 10 September: Labor Day Parade with Ukrainian participation. Meet at 10:00 a.m. at 44th street between Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue. Parade begins at 11:00 a.m.up Fifth Avenue to 78th Street;
- 11 September: UNWLA commemorates the anniversary of its journal "Our Life," time and location tba.
The highlight of the festival is the declaration of Ukrainian American Heritage Days by Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowicz tomorrow; New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has already made such a proclamation for the entire city.
The Bloomberg proclamation highlights Ukraine's independence from Russia and the recent Orange Revoloution, as well as New York's Ukrainian American community and its legacy. The document ends with 1-11 September being declared Ukrainian American Heritage Days in the City of New York.
The Ukrainian Autumn Festival is presented by the Ukrainian National Women's League of America and the Ukrainian American Coordinating Committee, with the support of the Consulate General of Ukraine in New York.