The outer boroughs message board at Chowhound fielded a discussion thread on the topic, and contributors fielded three options: Steve's Meat Market (104 Nassau Street), W-Nassau Meat Market (915 Manhattan Avenue) and Polska Masarnia (172 Bedford Avenue).
They also brought forward Joshua Williams’s “More Than a Pierogi” from billburg.com, about Polish food in Williamsburg and Greenpoint. The article starts out with Bar Mleczny (Milk Bars) and discusses the glories of pierogi and golabki, as well as other Polish favorites.
The article also gives a number of Polonophile listings:
- Wedel’s Chocolate Store (722 Manhattan Avenue)
- Lomzynianka (646 Manhattan Avenue between Naussau and Norman)
- Christina’s (853 Manhattan Avenue between Milton and Noble)
- Stylowa Restaurant(694 Manhattan Avenue between Naussau and Norman)
- Kasia’s Restaurant (146 Bedford Avenue between North 6th and 7th)
- S&B Restaurant (194 Bedford Avenue at North 9th)
- Teresa’s (80 Montague Street at Hicks Street)
- Teresa’s (103 First Avenue between 6th and 7th Street)
- Christine’s (208 First Avenue between 12th and 13th Streets)